Summer Camp Overview
City Starz Soccer is committed to providing soccer camps that aim to provide players the opportunity to reach their greatest potential by challenging them technically and tactically, in a fun and encouraging environment. Whether your child is on an intramural team or advanced travel team, our coaching staff is dedicated to the development and growth of soccer players of all ages and skill levels.
Players are divided into groups according to birth date ranges of 10-12 players. Once groups are set early in the week we do our best to keep the groups the same for the remainder of the week to help with the learning process. If your player is placed in a different group than their friends please speak with the site director who will see if there is a way to make this happen.
Although each day is unique, here is an idea of what to expect at one of full day soccer camps:
- Technical Training: Working on players' confidence. First touch with the outside, second touch with the inside, then go to goal!
- Small Sided Game: Working with players to be more skillful and to make more, less-complicated decisions. Encouraging use of both sides of their feet.
- Expanded Games: Working with players to be more physically efficient in their space, giving players more opportunities to play on both sides of the ball, and more opportunities to score goals!
All players will be provided a Summer Camp t-shirt and a ball on the first day of camp. Players are encouraged to wear their t-shirt to each session. Extra t-shirts are available for purchase at the camp site.
What to bring to camp
All players are required to bring:
- Bring inflated soccer ball of proper size: U3-U8 = 3, U9-U12 = 4 (balls will be provided)
- Wear shin guards and comfortable tennis shoes the entire duration of camp.
- Plenty of water! Extra water is provided.
- All players will receive a City Starz Summer Camp t-shirt and a ball on the first day of camp.
Players are encouraged to wear the t-shirt for the duration of the camp.